Tuesday 15 September 2020

Love reveals itself in many ways

 

Welcome to my blog. Peace be with you.

Let us listen, daily, to God speaking to us through the Gospel. It is the way to peace.

 

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Love reveals itself in many ways

 

Gospel

Luke 7:31-35

'We played the pipes, and you wouldn't dance'

Jesus said to the people:

‘What description can I find for the men of this generation? What are they like? They are like children shouting to one another while they sit in the market-place:

‘“We played the pipes for you,

and you wouldn’t dance;

we sang dirges,

and you wouldn’t cry.”

‘For John the Baptist comes, not eating bread, not drinking wine, and you say, “He is possessed.” The Son of Man comes, eating and drinking, and you say, “Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.” Yet Wisdom has been proved right by all her children.’

 

Prayerful reflection

Are you open to God or closed in on yourself? Do you listen to him speaking to you? He is always inviting us to love. He made us to be people of love in all circumstances. Love hides in our hearts but we express it in numerous ways. Some like John the Baptist. Others like Jesus. Whatever I may do, I should ask myself – do I love, and am I expressing that love by these words and actions of mine? If the answer to both questions is ‘yes’, then I am listening to God’s Word and pleasing to him. The more the ‘yes’ is true, the more pleasing I am to him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment